Yesterday's smoothie was superlatively tasty, eh? It was clearly something out of Elvis' more energetic younger years, I think. You're probably wondering: "How does one follow an Elvis smoothie?!" I know ... it'll be tough to do.
NOTE: This post dates back to 2011, well before The Donald became POTUS.
Well, there are at least a few good reasons to name a smoothie after Donald Trump. Love or hate the man as you will, but his name is synonymous with opulence, wealth, and all things monetary. So, not only is the following smoothie highly "rich" tasting, but it's also fairly expensive to make! (In addition to those two reasons, I suppose some may think of The Donald as a rather cold personality at times, and this one will certainly chill you with its frozen ingredients!)
In any case, expensive smoothies seem to be all the rage in some circles. I've heard tales of insane smoothie prices at longevity conferences being so high that even Trump might pause before making the investment. (But, hey, what's a $75 smoothie when it's designed to impart immortality, right ) So, please enjoy this pricey "art of the smoothie" concoction:
"The Donald" Smoothie
- 1 young coconut (water and flesh)
- 2 frozen bananas (essential that these are frozen bananas)
- 1/4+ cup frozen blueberries (essential that these are frozen blueberries)
- 1 Tbsp. Vitamineral Green
- 1 Tbsp. Vitamineral Earth
- 1 capful vanilla (that's a cap full, not a cup full -- use upwards of 1 tsp. if in doubt -- or, even better, a fresh vanilla bean!)
- 1 heaping scoop Warrior Food protein powder (optional, but encouraged)
You see, it's the VM Green and VM Earth that really ground this smoothie. Add in the protein powder and you've got yourself a really heavy hitter. All of that powder really soaks up the water from the coconut, leaving a thick, ice-cream-like texture. Unlike the Blue Hawaii recipe from yesterday, this one can't be readily drunk; you'll need a spoon if you've really done it right. If it's still too watery after blending (e.g., if you've had an especially watery coconut, or one with little flesh), it couldn't hurt to toss in a few frozen strawberries. Also, I daresay that 2 tablespoons of 100% raw cacao nibs, added in just before it's well mixed would really set this thing off and keep you pleasantly jittery until the wee hours. But, I didn't try that (yet).
Direct Product Links at Natural Zing:
- Vitamineral Green: http://tinyurl.com/greenpowder -- a staple in many raw food kitchens, "designed to be the most nutrient dense and comprehensive superfood product ever offered" (says the literature).
- Vitamineral Earth: http://tinyurl.com/earthpowder -- contains "best sources of essential fatty acids, cleansing and highly nutritive roots, and colon detoxifying and supportive foods" (from the label)
- Warrior Food Protein Powder: http://tinyurl.com/warriorfood (as described in-depth in Monday's post)