The wonderful thing about farm days is that I bring back fresh, locally grown organics. This week there wasn't as much as usual. Here's what we picked up: three carrots, two beets, two onions, small head of lettuce, some green beans, one shallot, two garlic bulbs, one leek, small pack of cherry tomatoes, two bunches of collard greens (I traded two bunches of herbs for these), a cucumber that grew in a spiral that my daughter insisted on having, and blueberries (I bought these for an extra fee). I think that was it this time.
The negative thing about farm days is that if I don't plan ahead we are starving by the time we get home and no one feels like preparing something for dinner. This is what happened last night so we bought a pizza. Once I had almost two slices (I don't eat the crust at the end of each slice), I wanted a soda. I bought a 7-up and my daughter bought candy (which I ate a small amount of). All of that non-healthy food just because we were too hungry to prepare something. I'll try to have something planned and ready for next week, so we don't repeat the same eating again.
Feeling a bit tired and sluggish today. I also feel puffy and like I need to drink nothing but water the entire day. My tongue also has that "sick" feeling from the sugar in the soda.
[EDITED: I also feel like my sinuses are a bit congested today.]
* The Raw Food Detox Diet, Natalia Rose (I borrowed a bunch of books from the library and this is the one I'm reading now.)
* Cup of soymilk
* Cup of blueberries
* Huge bowl of leftover cabbage and peas
* Small cup of soymilk (for protein to balance the carbs in the peas)
* Small taste of carob pudding as I was making it
* Small amount of cooked potatoes
* One California burger eaten with ketchup
* Small glass of juice (carrots, beet, beet greens)