It's a Sunday, so my daughter was asking for pancakes. I'm not forcing myself to eat any way that I'm not ready for, so I wanted the pancakes and I ate them without guilt. :-) I had some of that leftover cashew butter with blueberries and it tasted unbelievably wonderful!
Yesterday I started cleaning out the pantry. I gave a bunch of stuff away to a friend and now today I'll scrub the shelves down and organize what's left. I was really hoping I wouldn't have much left at all in there, but I still have a lot. I have this thing for spices, and even though I have a very good-sized spice cabinet, it's still not big enough to hold all that I have. It's not that I don't use them up, either. I guess I'm just really into using a lot of herbs and spices because my mother never used them and once I tasted spices, it was like walking into a whole new world (especially the Indian spices). I did get rid of spices that I bought too many of though (like cumin--why did I have so many bags of cumin? I think it's from when I was making up spice gifts for some family memebers over the holidays).
My husband can be seen relaxing on the couch the past few days, reading the raw food book that I just finished! Is this a sign that he's not going to give me a hard time about me going raw? He's said there are recipes in there that look really good to him, too! Yay! It's so much more fun to eat when others are sharing in what you are eating, too.
I feel like the salt retention from the Indian food is finally leaving. I'll check my weight tomorrow to see if it's back to where it was before eating the salty food. I feel more alert these past few weeks, since we've been juicing a lot and eating a salad almost every day.
This morning I was sneezing a lot and now my sinuses feel like they are draining some. My left ear has been trying to become uncongested, too! The last time I went raw, my congested ears/hearing cleared up for the first time in over 15 years! I have a feeling it's when I exclude wheat from my diet that my hearing improves.
* Watched more videos from the Creative Health Institute program.
* Sunfood Cuisine (borrowed from a friend)
* Pure buckwheat pancakes made with soymilk, maple syrup, earth balance butter, few leftover blueberries and strawberries from yesterday, leftover blueberry cashew nut butter.
* 1/2 a raw carrot
* Handful almonds (not soaked)
* Juice (carrots, beet, beet greens)
* Small handful baked blue chips
* Small glass soymilk
* One leftover pancake with leftover cashew nut butter
* Large mixed green salad with carrots
* Dahl with lemon juice
* Tiny taste of carob pudding (made with silken tofu) for tomorrow (I had to taste it since I adjusted the recipe somewhat)