This is a busy week again for me. I have a lot of running around to do. Since I don't like to waste gas, I'll be away from home most of today, Wednesday, and Friday. That means I have to think hard about what to bring with me for eating. Last week I brought an apple, some walnuts, a cucumber, a raw snack bar, an avocado, and maybe something else that I'm not remembering. That was enough for the time I was away (about five hours). I have this morning to think about what I'll take with me today, before I leave.
* I'm feeling a bit excited at the thought that my eye color is going to go back to normal. When I was taking that medicine (Metformin) the yellow in my eyes changed to more of a brown and the green turned very dull. Now, however, the brownish color is leaving and I'm seeing more of a bit brighter green! I don't know if it's from the medicine finally leaving my system, from eating more fresh veggies and fruits, or a combination of the two. I thought they'd never change back, since I read on the Net that eye color changes from medicine are irreversible. Maybe because that medicine isn't known to change eye colors it was just a temporary thing. Who knows, I'm just happy it's changing back and not so dull looking anymore. I had my husband take pictures of my eyes yesterday, so that I can look at the changes in another year. I have light-colored eyes and you can see all kinds of lines and specks in them. I noticed that some of the specks have disappeared (they were there most of my adult life, I think!), so I wanted to have a document of the way they look--imagine if they completely clear up with no specks after going 100% raw! I want to have photos to document that change (not that anyone would believe it, unless they were a close friend or family member and really knew I had the specks there in the first place--most people will just think the photos were photoshopped, I'm sure). Anyway, I'm excited to see what seems to be a positive change.
* The past few nights I've been having a hard time falling asleep. I think it's from the heat/humidity, but I'm not positive about that. I couldn't fall asleep until after midnight last night and that was really frustrating to me. Maybe tonight I'll remember to make a glass of the Calm drink (magnesium).
* I keep having a dull ache in my lower right side of my back. I saw a doctor about this about a year ago and he said it was probably arthritis and to not worry about it. I can't stand that doctor and I don't know why I haven't actively tried to find a better one. Anyway, I believe that area is where my liver is and that's what causes the ache sometimes. I should do some juicing for my liver for a few days to see if it helps. It's not a terrible ache, and it's only there sometimes, so I'm not overly concerned about it.
* I'll continue with the Sun Cuisine book today.
* Keep moving through the Creative Health Institute program.
* Scrambled tofu with green pepper, onion, turmeric
* Slice sprouted grain toast
* Small glass soymilk
* Zucchini "pasta" with pesto sauce
* Hand full of walnuts
* 1/2 an avocado
* 1/2 a pickling cucumber
* Peanutbutter and jelly sandwich on sprouted grain bread
* Bowl of lentil soup
* Large salad with lots of olive and flax oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar (I was in the mood for a lot of oil on the salad today)
* Small bowl of carob pudding
Below, we have included the original comments from this blog post. Additional comments may be made via Facebook, below.
On July 17, 2006, wrote:
The list of foods you eat always sounds so yummy!!!
On July 18, 2006, wrote: