Can it be ! I think my period is starting on day 29! For those who don't know me, it's a big deal because my cycles have never been regular my entire life until I was on that Metformin medicine all of last year. This will be my first menstrual cycle on a regular schedule, without that medicine. I hope it continues to be this way for me! It could be because I've learned that with PCOS/insulin resistance my body works best if I always have protein with complex carbs in a certain ratio.
I've been feeling a little achey and my sinuses are still a bit congested. I used to get sinus problems right before my period, though, so maybe all this congestion is a milder version of what I used to get. Documenting all of this stuff will help me keep an eye on things. I slept well last night and woke up a little earlier than usual.
I feel a little puffy today, but that could also be because of my period. I stepped on the scale this morning and it wasn't up from the last time, so that's a positive.
We haven't been eating a lot of raw foods and I feel like I have less energy. Again, that could also have to do with my period starting. :-P
Mentally, I feel very motivated to continue with my plan and to learn even more about eating uncooked foods.
* Reading Sunfood Cuisine
* Continuing with Creative Health Institute program
* Leftover rice with kale, lemon, ground almonds
* Leftover swiss chard with pintos, tomato paste, spices
* Juice of carrots, beet, beet greens
* Zucchini "pasta" made from a zucchini that grew in a friend's yard
* Quick pesto sauce for zucchini pasta
* Small tastes of taboulli and rhubarb sauce from farm
* Few crackers and small amount of hummus from food co op
I needed to use the leftovers, since tonight we pick up our fresh organics from the CSA farm (we get them every Thursday). :-) I'm looking forward to more salads--if I don't get enough through the farm, I'll buy some at the food co op afterward. I really like having salads before cooked meals (or just by themselves!).