Wow, who knew so much work goes into meeting up with people all across the country ! It's going to all be worth it, though, to meet so many of you!! Below are the definite meetups happening. There are more being planned that we'll share once things are finalized. If you don't see your town/city here, but it's on our list of places we'll be visiting, maybe you'd like to help us put together a little gathering If so, just let us know! We'll be updating later next week with a more finalized plan for the trip and various meetups taking place.
PORTLAND, OR: February 25, a small meetup will happen around 2pm at the Blossoming Lotus restaurant!
- CORVALLIS, OR: February 28, meeting local unschoolers at the Sunnyside Up Cafe at 1pm! Thanks, Jon Gold, for organizing this gathering for us!
- SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA: March 13, Wendi giving a talk at the meetup group, @6pm.See here for details.
- SANTA ROSA/SEBASTOPOL, CA: March 10, raw food potluck meetup and talk, 7-9 pm. (North Bay Living Foods Community)
- LOS ANGELES, CA: March 14, raw food meetup at Cru (raw restaurant), at 5:30 pm! Thanks to Debbie Young for organizing this! (Space limited, so RSVPs will be necessary.)
- TULSA, OK:? On Saturday, March 27, at noon, the biggest event of the trip is being organized by the lovely Penni Shelton! This will be a Raw Food Rehab Spring Celebration where Wendi will be sharing her story and answering questions. All are welcome, but you must RSVP to attend the event. Please consider attending this event, as it's going to be great fun! You can find details and a way to RSVP through this link.
- CHICAGO, IL:? On Thursday, April 1, at 7:00 p.m., Wendi will be speaking at Whole Foods in Hinsdale, IL (Chicago area). Details on the Downers Grove Meetup site, here.
Healthy raw food snacks for this cross-country tour have been sponsored by the amazing Jeff and Helen Rose of Natural Zing! If you're planning your own trip, or simply enjoy raw snack foods, be sure to visit their amazing online store (it's Pure Jeevan's favorite source for raw food supplies!).
Below, we have included the original comments from this blog post. Additional comments may be made via Facebook, below.
On February 18, 2010, wrote:
Join Wendi Dee & I in Tulsa for our Big Event March 27th!
On February 19, 2010, wrote:
Yes! Woo Hoo! We're going to have a FANTASTIC time!! I hope a lot of people will be able to make it. I'm open to staying later to hang out more with everyone, too, if people are coming in from other cities/states to visit! :-)